If you live outside the EEA, Athena Ins will undertake best efforts to give you a similar degree of control over your privacy.
“Personal Data” is information that identifies you personally or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained. We collect Personal Data in order to:
– Provide our services efficiently and effectively;
– Develop, enhance, market and deliver products and services to you;
– Provide information to you about developments and new products, including changes and enhancements to the Site;
– Provide you with news and other matters of general interest to you about Athena Ins
– Comply with Athena Ins and regulatory requirements
How we use Personal Data
When visiting our website
We may collect World Wide Web related information, including but not limited to IP Addresses, operating system and browser type as a result of your interactions with Athena Ins. This data may be processed in order to deliver the content of our website correctly, to optimise the content of our website to ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and to provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
When becoming a Athena Ins member
Personal data may be collected if you apply and/or act as a member of Athena Ins.
If you apply to become a member of Athena Ins, you will be asked to verify your identity using our Know-Your-Customer verification processes.
Personal data required for KYC verification is processed and stored.
The verification can include:
– Your full name
– Date of birth
– Email address
– Phone number
– Digital copy of your identification document
Athena Ins User Database
Athena Ins retains the following information of its members in a user database :
– Full name
– E-mail address
– Ethereum wallet address
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
In general, Personal Data relating to your KYC verification as described in paragraph 3 is held for a period of six months and membership data for a period of five years post membership withdrawal.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
You have certain rights under applicable legislation, and in particular under Regulation EU 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation or ‘GDPR’), as explained below
Information & Access
You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data.
You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
You have the right to request that Athena Ins erase your personal data under the following circumstances:
– the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected;
– we unlawfully processed your personal data; and
– erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation that applies to us.
We will proceed to comply with an erasure request without delay unless continued retention is necessary for:
– Exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; – Complying with a legal obligation under EU or other applicable law;
– The performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
– Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes, under certain circumstances; and/or
– The establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims. Athena Ins is unable to erase or amend any information that has been stored on a public blockchain as a result of your interactions with Athena Ins.
Restrict & Object to Processing
You have a right to restrict and object to processing of your personal data, such as where:
– you contest the accuracy of the personal data;
– where processing is unlawful you may request, instead of requesting erasure, that we restrict the use of the unlawfully processed personal data;
– we no longer need to process your personal data but need to retain your information for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
Where the legal basis for our processing is your consent or the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, you have a right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or ask us to send it to another person.
You have the right to access data we hold about you. We are happy to provide you with details of your Personal Data that we hold or process. To protect your personal data, we follow set storage and disclosure procedures, which mean that we will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting.
We aim respond to your request within 30 days.
Policy, you should discontinue your use of Athena Ins website and services.